Up Next: SolidWorks 2010 Beta

June 9, 2009 10 Comments »
Up Next: SolidWorks 2010 Beta

swbeta2010

The time is almost upon us for SolidWorks 2010 Beta testing.  A few months back I received some information regarding target dates for some of the Beta releases and it turns out that they were pretty close.  I am hearing that SolidWorks 2010 Beta 1 is about a week away from posting to the Beta website at the Customer Portal.  Make sure you check out this post on my site or the recent post on Mike Puckett’s site for details on how to sign up.

I sent out some e-mails and a few Tweets via Twitter a few days ago asking if maybe the What’s New in SolidWorks 2010 Document could be uploaded at least a few days prior to the Beta 1 download.  I haven’t heard anything back from SolidWorks yet but did get quite a few enthusiastic “seconds” to that idea from some in the user community.  This would be a great way for Beta Testers to “study up” a bit prior to the download.

I have seen a few of the SolidWorks 2010 features a few months back but of course there is an NDA that is still in place until late in the Beta program.  All I can say is I REALLY liked what I saw.  Don’t forget that some of the new features of SolidWorks 2010 were revealed at SolidWorks World 2009.  Check out this post for a list of what has been revealed to the public.

I’ll post updates here as more details on the release time are revealed.

Stay tuned…much more to come!

UPDATE – 6-9-09: I’ve gotten a response back from Matt West on Twitter and a few e-mails as well.  SolidWorks is looking into the possibility of releasing the What’s New early and will get back to me.  I’ll post more as I get updates.

1. Jason June 9, 2009 at 8:04 am -

You can get the What's New 2010 if you get creative with the website. Looks like this will be a good release, i can't wait for some of the enhancements and fixes added…..much needed.

2. MatthewWest June 9, 2009 at 8:29 am -

“I sent out some e-mails and a few Tweets via Twitter a few days ago asking if maybe the Whats New in SolidWorks 2010 Document could be uploaded at least a few days prior to the Beta 1 download. I havent heard anything back from SolidWorks yet but did get quite a few enthusiastic seconds to that idea from some in the user community. “

I replied to you yesterday–go back and check your @ messages. The idea is under consideration. I'll let you know either way when I get an answer.

Matt / SolidWorks

3. Ricky Jordan June 9, 2009 at 9:54 am -

Hey Matt,

Sorry I missed that tweet. :-) I appreciate you passing the word along.

Looking forward to Beta Testing!

4. Ricky Jordan June 9, 2009 at 9:56 am -

LOL! If anyone could figure out that trick…it would be you man. Looking forward to some good discussions on the beta forums!

5. Olis June 22, 2009 at 10:17 am -

Hi Ricky,

Have you new info for the beta version launching ?
    It should be today, isnt it ?

Thanks

6. bible study August 12, 2009 at 8:16 am -

nice post, thanks

7. faber112 August 18, 2009 at 7:55 am -

Yeah, I cant wait too… this is going to be realy good.

8. Data Recovery April 2, 2010 at 11:13 am -

Solidworks 2010 beta test was successful and we all liked it

9. Swing Sets November 29, 2010 at 11:08 am -

Looks like this will be a good release, i can’t wait for some of the enhancements and fixes added…..much needed.

10. remove security shield virus January 15, 2011 at 9:15 am -

Can’t wait for your update now:)