Gearing up for SolidWorks 2010

August 6, 2009 17 Comments »
Gearing up for SolidWorks 2010

sw2010beta
This week I was fortunate enough to take a trip up to SolidWorks headquarters with several other Bloggers to see first hand the new features of SolidWorks 2010. Since I am a Beta tester, this wasn’t the first time I had seen it, but this trip gave us a chance to get an in-depth overview of some of the coming features in the software. Since the NDA has not been lifted just yet, I’ll have to wait a few weeks before I can start sharing what I have learned. It was a VERY informative session and I look forward to posting MUCH more information soon!

If the curiosity has gotten the best of you, then check out SolidWorks 2010 for yourself. The Beta 2 build is currently available to all subscription customers. This POST will give you some background info on how to get started.

Not all of the trip was spent looking at SolidWorks 2010 though. We were given a presentation highlighting SolidWorks SustainabilityXpress which is already posted for testing over at SolidWorks Labs. I must admit that I have somewhat overlooked this product partly due to my busy schedule lately, but after seeing more details and witnessing first hand the passion that the folks at SolidWorks are putting into this product, I’ll be taking a much closer look at it for sure. Look for an article soon here at the site.

Things might be a bit slow here for the next few weeks as I will be preparing my SolidWorks 2010 posts. My hope is to have lots of information available once the NDA is lifted. Hopefully, that time will come towards the end of August.

You can read more about the Blogger visit to SolidWorks from Josh Mings, Devon Sowell, Gabi Jack, & Matt Lorano.

A BIG thanks to all the folks at SolidWorks for their efforts in making this trip a very productive and FUN event.

Stay tuned….lots of great stuff coming soon!

1. weewilly August 8, 2009 at 9:24 am -

Hi Ricky,
    Can't wait to hear and see about the “new” stuff coming out. I'll bet it is some exciting stuff. Keep me posted. Bye.

2. HoffY August 10, 2009 at 4:51 am -

Ok i dont' mean to sound nasty or anything but if i read one more person say this…..

“check out SolidWorks 2010 for yourself. “

and then imediately follow it up with the inevitable marketing “gotchya”..

“The Beta 2 build is currently available to all subscription customers.”

Someone is going to die a slow and painful death via old version SolidWorks installation CD insertion to the nose!

3. Ricky Jordan August 10, 2009 at 9:38 am -

HoffY,

LOL! It sounds like you just might be having that same kind of Monday morning I am having. :-)

Ok…maybe it sounds a little “marketing-ish” but I would rather let someone know up front about that requirement than have them find out after the fact.

4. HoffY August 13, 2009 at 7:25 am -

Hi Ricky,

lol yeah it was one of those days. Nothing bad meant toward you at all. Hey… how's that 3rd routing vid coming along? ;)

5. Pamela Mae Legaspi August 13, 2009 at 10:49 pm -

im a beginner in solidworks please give me some tips.thanks!

6. Steve_Calvert August 14, 2009 at 6:12 am -

Ricky, can't wait to hear from you and others about SW2010. Am looking forward to what you found.

Steve

7. Ricky Jordan August 16, 2009 at 12:08 pm -

HoffY,

It's coming. Should have it posted in the next few days. I'm glad you asked about it. I was wondering how useful that series of posts were to folks. I plan on doing more than just one more. With the SolidWorks 2010 stuff coming up, the later videos in the series will probably be mixed in with the new stuff.

8. narendrasharma August 17, 2009 at 5:53 am -

I was wondering how useful that series of posts were to folks. Thanks for sharing.

9. HoffY August 17, 2009 at 7:20 am -

Awesome Ricky. That will be muchly useful yse uhuh indeed. :)

10. maneeshbhati August 21, 2009 at 5:43 am -

Awesome Ricky. That will be muchly useful yse uhuh indeed.

11. fcsuper August 22, 2009 at 8:58 am -

Tips abound everywhere. Ricky's blog here has many, plus many of the other bloggers he mentioned above. Don't forget to checkout SolidWorks forums (http://forum.solidworks.com) and also there's a lot of good SolidWorks FAQ's on Eng-Tips (http://eng-tips.com)

12. Frugalocal August 29, 2009 at 3:37 pm -

It's gotta be a blast to go to SolidWorks headquarters and get the behind the scene tour!

13. jamesmmiddaugh71 September 2, 2009 at 8:45 am -

For many american flag wallpaper seeing the flag fly gives them a sense of peace, and security that our country, along with our flag will stay strong and vibrant for many years.

14. packagetourstokashmir September 15, 2009 at 4:16 am -

really ricky it' good work…

15. TK Pandey October 8, 2009 at 4:08 am -

Gr8!! idea and a great blog. I appreciate your work & hope for some more informative posts.

16. Web Design Dubai March 18, 2010 at 2:57 pm -

That's cool, I wish I could also come on conferences like that.

17. athikities supabiola July 13, 2010 at 12:30 pm -

Nasal Dilators to avoid collapse of the nostrils and allow more air into the nose. For details go to http://www.breatherightnasalstrips.com/